Saturday, October 07, 2006

I TRY

Always, do I try to mend broken things
Every injured soul,every bird with broken wing..
I've tried to help people through all their strife
Of coping with the daily things of life
I've dreamt of ruling nations, oh so proud
But thoughts of power make me laugh out loud
I know only God can take away our pain
So nothing else need ever be explained....
I see strength in the eagle soaring high
And marvel at their bold attempts to fly
When here I am on earth, afraid to see..
What God can offer in his majesty
I need someone to take my hand, Oh God
Because inside I feel that I am flawed
Only You can hear my soulful cries
And only You can cause my strength to rise
Angelic faces take me now to rest
Because I've given life it's very best
Just for a minute now, I'll let my soul abide
And let me feel the peace from God inside
I sit by rivers calm, and waters deep
Long arising from my troubled sleep
So take my hand..lead me along today
Through You..My troubles pass away
Peaceful now. I sing Your praise on high
For each and every moment that's gone by
It seems that You have always healed my fears..
And in Your arms..I've given up my tears
written by Susan Jane Kahon
August 18 2002

No comments:

A Cry for Help